I know that coming into therapy for the first time can be challenging. I also know that spending a lot of money to see if you’re the right fit can also create a barrier. With this in mind, I am offering a FREE initial consultation with anyone interested in exploring psychotherapy with me. This is not a therapy session, nor is it an assessment. It is a chance to sit with me, ask questions, tell me about your issues, and learn how I might approach the work together. Individuals may meet with me for up to 45 minutes. Couples may meet with me for 45-60 minutes. If we agree we are a good fit, we will proceed to scheduling a true first session and discuss fees.
I am a licensed Oakland psychologist with 20 years of experience providing psychotherapy. I teach, write, consult, and do research on sexual diversity and clinical and ethical issues related to psychotherapy and the Internet.
How I can help:
Here are some of the issues I work on with people in my practice:
- Anxiety, stress, and panic;
- Body image, food, and eating issues, from a size acceptance perspective;
- Career transitions, cultivating creativity, and issues related to being an entrepreneur;
- Gender and identity issues;
- Grief and loss;
- Healing difficult family relationships (mom, dad, and sibling issues);
- Consultation with parents responding to a teen or young adult who is coming out about sexual or gender identity;
- Insomnia and sleep issues, including APAP and CPAP compliance;
- Internet, technology and social media issues, including managing the pressure of online celebrity;
- Personal growth;
- Post-Burning Man processing;
- Procrastination and avoidance;
- Relationships, dating, and sexual concerns
New Psychotherapy Clients
Call (415)-501-9098 or email me so we can schedule a first session together. Or start with the pages under my Psychotherapy menu where you’ll find my services, fees, and policies. I welcome and work with heterosexual and LGBTQQA people; altsex, monogamous, polyamorous, vanilla, BDSM, and kink-identified people; and with sex workers and their partners.
Take a look at my Speaking, Consulting, and CE Credits menus or check out my shop.