Podcasts & Webinars
- July 31, 2020: I was on Roy Huggins and Liath Dalton’s Group Practice Tech podcast to talk about My Updated (and Annotated) Social Media Policy. Their listeners get a special discount on my policy through September, 2020.
- January 16, 2020: I returned to Melvin’s Selling the Couch podcast to chat about my research on psychotherapy patients leaving online reviews.
- October 22, 2019: Liam McClintock invited me to be his guest on his Fitmind podcast to talk about how our behavior and relationships have been influenced by social media.
- February 2019: I was a guest on the Private Practice Startup, doing a segment on Avoiding Ethical Mishaps on Social Media.
- January 24, 2019: I was on Melvin Varghese’s Selling the Couch and talked about Creating a Sound Social Media Policy while Navigating the Intersection of Personal & Professional Life as a Clinician.
- September 27, 2017: I always love chatting with Roy Huggins and Rob Reinhardt, my fellow geeks. I joined them on their podcast to talk about Social Media Ethics for Mental Health Professionals.
SAGE productions did two educational videos with me. The first was on social media ethics and the second was on legal and ethical issues in providing teletherapy. Here you can view a brief clip of my section on Informed Consent.
Ignite San Francisco
HuffPost LIVE: Therapists Playing Cupid
In 2013, Huffington Post interviewed several clinicians about whether psychotherapists should try to play matchmaker for their therapy clients. My take was that this created a problematic dual role. Sadly, the video is no longer up, but that was an interesting segment!