I understand that coming to therapy for the first time can be challenging. I also know that spending a lot of money to see if you’re the right fit with a therapist can create significant barriers to even starting the process. With this in mind, I am offering a free initial 45 minute intake for all individuals exploring psychotherapy with me. This offer is only for individual therapy. Couples and relationship counseling clients can have the initial 75 minute session for $185 (50% discount).
I am a licensed psychologist with offices in San Francisco and Oakland. I have over 20 years of experience providing psychotherapy. I teach, write, consult, and do research on sexual diversity and clinical and ethical issues related to psychotherapy and the Internet.
How I can help:
Here are some of the issues I work on with people in my practice:
- Anxiety, stress, and panic;
- Body image, food, and eating issues, from a size acceptance perspective;
- Career transitions, cultivating creativity, and issues related to being an entrepreneur;
- Gender and identity issues: transgender and nonbinary folx welcome;
- Grief and loss;
- Healing difficult family relationships (mom, dad, and sibling issues);
- Consultation with parents responding to a teen or young adult who is coming out about sexual or gender identity;
- Insomnia and sleep issues, including APAP and CPAP compliance;
- Internet, technology and social media issues, including managing the pressure of online celebrity;
- Personal growth;
- Post-Burning Man processing;
- Procrastination and avoidance;
- Relationships, dating, and sexual concerns
New Psychotherapy Clients
Call (415)-501-9098 or email me so we can schedule a first session together. Or start with the pages under my Psychotherapy menu where you’ll find my services, fees, and policies. I welcome and work with people of all genders and orientations. This includes heterosexual, monogamous, and “vanilla” people, as well as LGBTQQIA people; altsex, polyamorous, BDSM and kink-identified people; as well as welcoming sex workers and their partners.
Take a look at my Speaking, Consulting, and CE Credits menus or check out my shop.