Psychotherapy in the Time of COVID-19
Please note that at this time, and until further notice, all of my psychotherapy services are being offered via HIPAA-compliant video, until we flatten the curve of the novel Coronavirus. I can only see people who reside within the state of California, since this is the only state in which I’m licensed to practice. You will also have to physically be in California during the delivery of services.
If you are interested in working with me, please call me or email me, and we can set up a time for a brief phone or video call for you to ask me any questions you may have and for me to make sure you are a good candidate for teletherapy at this time.
I understand that coming to therapy for the first time can be challenging. I also know that spending a lot of money to see if you’re the right fit with a therapist can create significant barriers to even starting the process. With this in mind, I am offering a free initial 45 minute intake for all individuals exploring psychotherapy with me. This offer is only for individual therapy. Couples and relationship counseling clients can have the initial 75 minute session for $185 (50% discount).
I am a licensed psychologist with offices in San Francisco and Oakland. I have over 20 years of experience providing psychotherapy. I teach, write, consult, and do research on sexual diversity and clinical and ethical issues related to psychotherapy and the Internet.
How I can help:
Here are some of the issues I work on with people in my practice:
- Anxiety, stress, and panic;
- Body image, food, and eating issues, from a size acceptance perspective;
- Career transitions, cultivating creativity, and issues related to being an entrepreneur;
- Gender identity issues;
- Grief and loss;
- Healing difficult family relationships (mom, dad, and sibling issues);
- Consultation with parents responding to a teen or young adult who is coming out about sexual or gender identity;
- Insomnia and sleep issues, including APAP and CPAP compliance, chronic pain, and nightmares;
- Internet, technology and social media issues, including managing the pressure of online celebrity;
- Personal growth;
- Post-Burning Man processing;
- Procrastination and avoidance;
- Relationships, dating, and sexual concerns
New Psychotherapy Clients
Call (415)-501-9098 or email me so we can schedule a first session together. Or start with the pages under my Psychotherapy menu where you’ll find my services, fees, and policies. I welcome and work with people of all genders and orientations. This includes heterosexual, monogamous, and “vanilla” people, as well as LGBTQQIA people; altsex, polyamorous, BDSM and kink-identified people; as well as welcoming sex workers and their partners.
Take a look at my Speaking, Consulting, and CE Credits menus or check out my shop.