How can I help you?
Welcome to my practice. I provide therapy for adult individuals as well as couples and relationship partners.
All of my psychotherapy services are being offered via HIPAA-compliant video. I am licensed to practice in the state of California at this time (license #PSY21284). You will have to physically be in California during the delivery of services. I am also licensed to practice telehealth in the state of Florida (license #TPPY1610). You can learn more at the Florida telehealth site. In addition, I have a temporary license to practice in the state of New Mexico (license #PSY-2022-0124) until May 15, 2023.
If you are interested in working with me, please email me, and we can set up a time for a brief zoom video call for you to ask me any questions you may have and for me to make sure you are a good candidate for telehealth at this time.
I understand that initiating therapy can be challenging. I also know that spending a lot of money to see if you’re the right fit with a therapist can create significant barriers to even starting the process. With this in mind, I offer a 50% discount on the initial session.
I am a licensed psychologist with over 26 years of experience providing psychotherapy. I teach, write, consult, and do research on sexual diversity and clinical and ethical issues related to psychotherapy and the Internet.
How I can help:
Here are some of the issues I treat in my practice:
- Anxiety, stress, and panic;
- Body image issues, from a size acceptance (HAES) perspective;
- Career transitions, cultivating creativity, and issues related to being an entrepreneur;
- Coming out as kinky or polyamorous;
- Creating sound agreements for consensual and ethical non-monogamy;
- Gender identity issues;
- Grief and loss;
- Healing difficult family relationships (mom, dad, and sibling issues);
- Insomnia and sleep issues, including APAP and CPAP compliance, chronic pain, and nightmares;
- Internet, technology and social media issues, including managing the pressure of online celebrity, scrutiny, and visibility;
- Personal growth;
- Post-Burning Man processing;
- Procrastination and avoidance;
- Relationships, dating, and sexual concerns
I do not provide psychedelic-assisted therapy or work with plant medicine, and I also cannot make referrals for practitioners who work with illegal substances. That said, many of my clients have sought out these experiences on their own and have discussed these experiences with me. I support your autonomy in seeking growth and expansion in multiple ways. While I have not taken coursework on psychedelic integration, I do consult with colleagues on how to do this. My practice is a safe space to make meaning of and talk about these experiences.
Get my Top Five Tips for Staying Ethical on the Internet!
…And if you want to keep up with my professional news, sign up for my newsletter.