The panel picker has launched for the 2009 South By Southwest Interactive Festival. You can feel free to create an account and vote or comment on the panels that interest you. You can also post questions directly to the people proposing their panels.
The panel I submitted this year is called Therapy 2.0: Mental Health for Geeks. It will answer the following questions:
- What specific mental health and occupational risks are tech people more susceptible to, and what can they do about it?
- What can one do to assess their current health strategies and recognize which self-care plans they need to implement?
- How can people manage Friendship 2.0, Dating 2.0, and Breakup 2.0 issues?
- How can people maximize their productivity as tech freelancers while minimizing their risk of burnout and social isolation?
- How can people handle e-stalkers, trolls, and cyberbullies without completely losing their minds?
- Is it possible to maintain any privacy while enjoying a satisfying online and offline social life?
- Blogging on ambien and drunk text messaging: how does a person clean up their messes while maintaining their popularity?
- What anger management strategies can people utilize when the hardware or software is interfering with their productivity?
- Can technology offer you any tools for actually improving your mental health?
- What resources are available to you if you realize you need more help?
Voting on the panel picker closes on August 29th.