Melissa Gira interviewed me over on Sexerati in preparation for my SXSW panel, Therapy 2.0: Mental Health for Geeks. Check out the interview to read Melissa’s questions and my answers about how a geek-friendly therapist (me!) would help a client manage challenges and stressors related to dating, love, and breakups 2.0.
Of course, if you want to join the conversation at SXSW, then please come to my Core Conversation, on Tuesday, March 17th, 3:30 – 4:30 in Room 5B of the Austin Convention Center. Thomas Roche and I will be facilitating a conversation with our attendees and we plan to cover the following topics:
• Mental health and occupational risks that tech people are susceptible to, and what they can do about it;
• How to assess your current health strategies and recognize self-care plans you may need to implement;
• Friendship 2.0, Dating 2.0, and Breakup 2.0 issues;
• Staying focused on tasks and productivity in the culture of distraction;
• Tools technology can offer for improving your mental health; and
• Resources if you realize you need more help
Since this is a Core Conversation, we’re especially interested in the questions and topics you will be bringing. So if you’re going to Austin this year, please come join the conversation and put the interactive into our panel!
I hope to see many of you there on Tuesday.